WordPress.com will have an updated version of Sandbox available very soon. Current Sandbox users will be able to keep the older version for a while.
- There are now previous/next navigation links above the content as well as below. These can be selected with #nav-above and #nav-below.
- The dl/dt/dd at the top of the archives have been simplified. No more crazy default styles to contend with.
- The entry-meta separators now have a “metasep” class. This makes Asides much easier to do!
- Whitespace has been removed from #globalnav to accommodate a problem in Internet Explorer.
- The pesky abbr tag is now wrapped in a div with an “entry-date” class.
In reviewing category.php, Scott noted that it didn’t make sense for each post to have links to the current category archive. With some custom code, we now display “Also posted in…” if there are any other categories to show. See it on my WordPress category archive page.
One more change comes to mind: I removed a whole lot of code almost every Sandbox template file. I’ll tell you about it in another post.
If you have published a Sandbox stylesheet, thank you and please update it as soon as possible!
This is a small warning to all who have adopted Sandbox and begun to create your stylesheet:
The markup is going to change tonight. The changes will be small but noticable. We’re changing some minor classes, adding some classes, removing some presentational text and removing the definition lists. These changes will go live on WordPress.com in a few hours. I’ll (probably) post more details and a link to a SVN repo and a download when it’s up.